Sunday, December 2, 2007

This Dog's Delight





It's here - the first snow arriving in the early days of December. I was watching out my window. Have you ever noticed that each snowflake makes it's way down without bumping into another snowflake. How do they do that? Dogs bump into things all the time.

I was running down the hallway of my building the other day, playing with Herself, and I turned around so fast to catch my toy that I bumped my head into the wall. What was that doing there, I wondered? Of course, it was always there and I should have remembered.

But snowflakes are these gentle things that float down in a kind of dance, almost a waltz, and never bump into anything until they come to a halt onto a tree limb or rooftop or sidewalk or nose of a little baby in her crib. Snowflakes are one of my favorite things. I think snow is actually angels fluffing their wings.

I'm staying in today and watch the snow fall, so I'll wait for you by the door. Wait a minute! How can I look out the window at the snow and sit by the door at the same time?

I know ~I'll run back and forth.

No comments: