Saturday, August 2, 2008

Belle, the Cat, is Alive and Well Living in California


Don't get me wrong ... I'm not into cats, myself, but I know a lot of humans are. Herself's friend, Angie just brought home Belle, rescued from a shelter.

Angie had had another really fabulous looking dame (cat) called Natasha. She lived a very good life, with two humans at her beck and call. However, she was, the rumor is, of royal blood, possibly, by way of the Tsar family, and she was always looking down on her humans and I suppose us dogs. Now, quite frankly, that wasn't hard to do ... because she always headed for a perch on a higher level than the rest of us. I never met Tasha, but Herself did ... and she told me about her beauty and attitude. But, sadly, Tasha went to Cat heaven and probably found the highest throne and sat down and stayed there.

Now, there's Belle. Who, Herself tells me, is possibly the exact opposite of Tasha. Friendly, loves hanging out with Angie and her husband, Dan, talks incessently. If I were there, I may be able to translate ... although my cat language is a little rusty. But, talks she does and obviously very happy to be home with the Rooney's. She purrs her delight and Angie and Dan smile. She is doing what she is meant to: beginning to heal the pain of the loss of Tasha.

I don't know what we dogs and cats would do without our humans ... but I've heard said, that they are better humans because of us.

Hey, Belle, I'll wait for you by the door, in case you want to visit.

No comments: