Monday, October 11, 2010

This Groomer Should Be Run Out of Town

As a dog, an animal, when I hurt, I usually go off in a corner and lick my wound till it feels better.

BUT ... two weeks ago, Herself took me to the Groomer we've been to before. Now, you know from my earlier posts that grooming is not high up on my list of favs. But, I had no choice but to go with Herself and AuntJ, who was also there with me.

I don't know how to explain the torture I went through except to say when Herself came to pick me up I cried for a whole day. Actually, I was crying out from down deep inside of me. I couldn't catch my breath. I think my body was in shock with pain. I heard her call the Groomer and say "What happened? Why is Mystical in such a state?"

I've tried to communicate to Herself what happened by crying out but she couldn't possibly know until ... that is ... last night when I was given a bath. You know I have long white flowing hair, like most Mateses and my skin couldn't be seen until wet. There on my rump were red blotches that looked like puncher marks. I heard Herself take a big intake of air and say "Oh my God, what is this? "

Hey, Mom ... I sort of don't know what it is but I sure felt it. Now you can see why my whole body and spirit were so traumatized. She took me out of the bath and wrapped me in a big blanket and oh so gently carried me to where she dried me. And since last night she's been kissing me like crazy and gently petting me. (I sure like that!)

We dogs can whimper or even cry out, but normally when we are really hurt we just hope it stops and we can go back to the way we were. Of course, we also look to our humans to help make it better.

Actually, I think if Herself could have bopped that Groomer on the head she would have. I don't know what she is thinking of doing, I just want the whole memory to go away ... fade away into my 4000 year old ancestral memory bank.

I love everyday of my life ... except for that one day.

I will never forget that day,

that street,

that groomer,

or that pain.

I'll wait for you by the door while I try to put something much more pleasant in my mind.

No comments: