Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Proud to Be An American Maltese

Yesterday, a really bad human, Osama "somebody or other" was killed by my terrific American soldiers.

Now, I'm not into killing - I'm a lover. Why, I would lick you so much you would have to go an get a BIG towel to dry off ... that's my way of showing you how I feel about you. But you know, I had already moved here to New York City from the country in Pennsylvania as a little teeny tiny puppy, when that terrible day happened, September 11, 2001. (Okay, so now you know how old I am. I'm in my first double digit.)

I remember Herself, with her hand up to her mouth, watching as something horrible was happening on the TV. She was crying. She was on the phone with AuntJ. I knew it was a really sad day.

I heard her say this morning that the bad man who planned and ordered everything that happened that day, was killed by Americans in uniforms of the United States of America. All I can bark is: yippee!

I'm going to go lie by the door and wait for you and think about how much I love being an American Maltese. I've told you in the past, that I was born in Pennsylvania ... I don't know if I have a long or short form birth certificate ... but I do know I squiggled out of my mom, China was her name, along with my sister and brother. I quickly looked around and saw I was born in the USA, and fell back to sleep with a smile on my face.

No comments: