Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Met a Dog on the Street

I know it was a dog, because I barked. But, this dog was such a tiny little thing - that I could have saved my breath.

Twitter, is his name. Actually, his name is longer than he is. He's half my size in pounds ... that's right ... Twitter is 2 LBS small. He's 2 years old so there won't be more to him.

I must admit he's cute. A little brown French Poodle. I felt L A R G E next him. Which, at my size, is a totally new feeling for me.

I have noticed in my travels through life, that my species comes in all sizes and all colors and all shapes and all personalities. I'm more of an observer of life. I watch everything. Then I think about what I've seen and make a judgement ... all in a split second. For example, when I met up with Twitter, I got a maternal feeling about him (that is after I issued one loud bark, first). I could see myself picking him up by the scruff of his neck and carrying him in my mouth, if his little legs got tired and he couldn't make it home. Believe me, this is a very unusual feeling for me ... I'm usually in a constant state of extreme readiness to warn every 4-legged creature not to mess with me ... because of my size. But not with Twitter. He did have his human with him and she seemed very attentive ... but just between us dogs, I think he had a hard time keeping up with her.

He has a brother called ... wait for this ... Blackberry. Cute names both of them but awfully nerdy, don't you think?

I'm gonna go wait for you by the door and think about Twitter and make up other cute dog names ... how about ... iPup?

No comments: