Thursday, January 4, 2007

History was made in the early days of 2007.

As a girl dog, I am excited to see history being made today in our Congress with the first woman Speaker of the House. Does that make me a Democrat? Not necessarily, just a good American ...even though I'm Maltese. You know the new Speaker, Mrs Pelosi, is Italian American. So am I. My dog ancestors are Italian and English. But I was born here, in incredibly wonderful, America. And boy, am I proud of that. Do I keep up with politics...you better believe it. Both Herself and me are constantly watching the doings of Washington and, yes, Albany, my State's Capitol. Most of the time we are not amused.

You know, these people in the high reaches of Government, can affect my life too. For example, here in New York City, they have a program that encourages, ahem! "fixing" us dogs so that there are too many homeless dogs and unwanted ones living on the street.

I believe each and every dog should be loved and kept safe, just like me. I am so very blessed.

~I'll wait for you by the front door~

No comments: