Friday, January 18, 2008

This Dog's Vote for President


I hear Herself talking politics all the time. She says she's a political junkie, whatever that is.

So, I've been thinking about who I should go in the booth and vote for. I do go in, you know, in the arms of Herself, while she pulls this and flips that and I usually agree with her choices.

But, this time, we are both undecided. So, I thought one way to decide who should get my vote is to figure out who would be a good President for dogs. This could be determined by them proving their love of dogs. I've never seen one of them photographed with a dog. Never! A little groveling would be good. They don't seem to take us seriously enough to go after our votes. I am a citizen, born in PA, most of my life living in the Silk Stocking district of New York, so I should be courted by each one of the candidates. Maybe even photographed being held and kissed ... ugh! now that I think of that, forget the kissing part. If I like the cut of their jib ... a little petting with do just fine.

I would ask them their position on whether they believe in dogs being "fixed" or having very large families. Or, whether there should be a National Day for Dogs. Then I would want to know their position on the use of the phrase: "He's a dirty dog". I mean really, get rid of that expression immediately. It's insulting to all us dogs, it's downright "Petist". I have lots of questions and, as of now, they are not being answered.

So, Herself and I am undecided. And that's the way it is at the moment subject to change, especially if some candidate or another is smart enough to come and hand me a treat then I'll give my vote, it's that easy ... a little bribe works wonders with me.

Right now, my candidate tee shirt reads, "Serious Dogs for ______?______"

'Till Election Day, I'll wait for them by the door.

No comments: