Saturday, February 9, 2008

Don't You Just Love UnderDOGS?


Well, I've finally come down to Earth.

I've been floating around feeling so excited ... why you ask?

THE NEW YORK GIANTS WON THE SUPER BOWL. That's why!

Herself and I watched. We shouted, screamed, held our breath, panted, I hid my eyes with my paws when the Patriots scored ... and then the last goal by the Giants ... it was just so perfect. Not since 1991, way before I was even walking on all four paws on this earth, have they won a Super Bowl.

I tried to imagine me running up and down the field, I'm good holding balls in my mouth while running and I have excellent evasive moves, but then I thought about one of those guys tackling me ... ooffff!!! Splat!!!!! That would definitely be the end of me. No, I'm perfectly happy to sit on the sidelines and bark hooray and shake my tail vigorously.

Tuesday, our great City gave them the biggest ticker tape parade up Broadway, the Canyon of Heroes, with a snowstorm of confetti and paper raining down from the skyscrapers and a million people standing 5 deep.

It was thrilling. I just love it when the underDOG wins. Don't you??? It's like I feel when I confront a dog that weighs 20X more than me. "Don't mess with me" I bark, and usually they just look at little me dismissively ... but they don't mess with me.

Believe you are mighty and you are. Think you are BIG and you are. Act fierce and you are. Dream of being a winner, and you will be.

I'll wait for you by the door, while I dream of winning, and if necessary, how to be a good loser ... unlike Coach Belichick.

No comments: