Thursday, December 7, 2006

Give a puppy for Christmas

I heard a friend of Herself ask "What should I give myself for Christmas"? Herself responded, without hesitation, "A puppy. Go buy one at a good home breeder or adopt one." The woman explained that she was going through a divorce and she needs something special. "Well then, quickly go get yourself a puppy", Herself repeated.

I agree wholeheartedly. Listen if this woman would ask me directly, I would definitely advise her to get a MALTESE puppy. I may be a bit prejudiced, but we are the perfect answer. Of course, there are a few things you should know about Malteses.

First of all, we don't need massive exercise everyday. Just a short walk about the "hood" or, in my case, a run down my hallway where I live. So if Herself's friend is not an outdoors adventurer, like Clara, one of my very best 2-legged friends, or a triathlonist or something extreme like that, then she would love our meditative ways.

We do love lots of company with our special human. Lots of affection taken and given. Lots of praise works wonders (it can get me to do anything). We listen intently, so if she needed to vent about "the ex." we'd listen and empathize. We'd even growl at some of what we were hearing. And if a few tears would fall, we'd be there jumping up and wanting to lick them away. We would crawl up unto her lap and curl around and stay there, letting her know that she is loved and adored. A Maltese puppy would be perfect for what she's going through now.

We're also great date-bait. We are so adorable that men fall at your feet as you walk around town. Honestly, it's happened. She needs that now, too. So, go buy a Maltese puppy for Christmas; it sounds like this woman needs major loving.

Incidentally, I've been very busy composing my letter to Santa Daugs cause I am trying to keep my requests below one hundred. Just kidding. More like 50. There are so many wonderful things out there - fabulous clothes and SHOES (a girl can never have too many shoes) it's hard to narrow it down. Don't you just love this time of year?

See you soon. I'll wait for you by the door.

No comments: