Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Who is Mystical, the New York Dog?

Ruff, ruff. Ruff ruff, ruff, rrrrruff!!!!! OK that's that.

I understand a lot of people-talk. So I'll speak your language. I'm no slouch. I'll talk to you in people-talk from now on. If something needs to be translated, my human (who's moving her fingertips over the keyboard as I dictate) will do it for me. OK?

Just call me Mystical. Not Misty or Mis or even, Miss Tickle, just Mystical. I think I prefer it because my name says a lot about me and my special talents.

I was named by Anne who was my first human mother. She bred me. China, my dog mom, who I most look like, was not inclined to feed me or my brother or sister, so Anne did, down on the kitchen floor in the wee hours of the morning, with a eye-dropper. It seemed to have worked, we grew. Thank you so very much Anne. I'll never forget you. I'll always love you. You are my very first encounter with human love and you have a most special place in my itsy heart. Hope to see you and China and Blue, my daddy, one day soon.

I was always an independent type. Going off to find quiet corners to lie down in and get away from the noise and confusion created by my frisky brother and sassy sister and cousins. I think I am more cerebral ... I observe, I think about things ... a dog needs some quiet to do those things. I need to focus. So, I go off to ruminate.

I didn't know it then but my forever human Mommy, (who I call "Herself") was waiting for me to get big enough to come live with her in New York City. Whoa! The difference of coming from quiet small town in Pennsylvania to the big City, fabulous New York, was mind-blowing. But lots more of that later. Believe me, I adjusted. I just love the Big Apple. That reminds me, I looooove apples...mostly Fujis. Maybe that's why. See, I told you I ruminate about things.

By the way, Herself and AuntJ (my new Aunt) came down to Philadelphia to get me from Anne, and on the way back to New York City on the train I peed on Herself's lap. Well .... first of all, I had never been on a train before, secondly, I hardly knew Herself, we just met and thirdly, I HAD TO PEE. But, even though Herself had to walk through Pennsylvania Station in the Big Apple with a big, wet patch on the front of her pants, SHE STILL KEPT ME AND LOVES ME. Don't you love it!

So I will be Dlogging here (that's what I call this) to give you my opinion from where I sit...which is mostly on Herself's lap or somewhere else real close by. I love curling up in her lap. It makes me feel safe.

I won't hold anything back. You know us dogs, we can't be phony, we show and tell you exactly how we feel at all times. No plotting or planning for us. Just living in the moment. Once we love you, that's it. No going back. You can't make us stop loving you once we start. Hey, maybe you should think about living like that yourselves. Live for today and look forward to tomorrow.

Well, that's it for my first post. See you tomorrow. I'll wait for you by the door and we'll talk. Oh, and I'd love it if you'd bring me a quarter of an apple. "Oh the crunch of it, the juice, slurp, slurp ... oh yes, yes, yes."

No comments: