Tuesday, December 5, 2006

A dog does it's thing

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.-Robert Benchley

(I turn around three times, plop down, review my day, thank God for my blessings, then a good deep sigh, close my beautiful black eyes and start my dreams!).

About me, part 2.

I am a svelte 4 pounds Maltese female with long legs and a come-hither look. When I look at myself in the mirror, I like what I see. And considering the oohs and aahs I get walking down the street, I must be hot, in an adorable way. My favorite doorman, in the building I live in in Manhattan, says "She is very feminine"and "If she were human, I would marry her". Besotted though he is, that's a bit much, don't you think?

I am five human years, ten months and 22 days old. Coming up on the "Big 6" the end of January. Let's see, that means I'll be 42 in human years. No wonder, wisdom is oozing out of me. One must have some years on her to do the wisdom-thing. BTW, is 42 the new 22 for us dogs as well?

Listen, I know humans think I'm adorable and 'want' me. But I haven't gotten a big head from all the compliments, because, (here comes some wisdom(HCSW)) you can lose perspective on life if you have too big an ego. Actually, my head is the size of a peach ... so how much ego could I fit in there, anyway???

People of all sizes, ages and sex fuss over me. Actually, if the truth be known, some of them make complete idiots of themselves. I have never heard such sounds coming out of the mouths of supposedly intelligent humans. And they say, we dogs don't make much sense with the sounds we make. What I especially like, though, is seeing the smiles on their faces as we walk toward each other. There needs to be more smiles in our lives. More hugs. More licks and yes, much more love. So come on over here. I sense you're in need a lick or two.

I'll be waiting for you by the door.


No comments: