Sunday, August 15, 2010

Met Another Maltese Devotee

Was out and about with Herself (my Mom) and AuntJ yesterday, and met a really nice man. It all started with him talking about me (nothing new about that) but then the interesting stuff happened.

He and his wife also have a Maltese, just about my size (4 1/2 lbs) named Gypsy, with similar personality quirks like mine. By the way, there must be a story behind that name, don't you think?

Gypsy wasn't there ... I would have loved to have seen her and checked her out with a few quick sniffs ... but I learned that she loves cars, like me, loves airplanes too. I've never been on an airplane ... so I don't know if I would love it ... that remains for me to experience. I love my routines, but new experiences are luxurious too. Apparently Gypsy doesn't talk as much as I do, but she is insistent on her food arriving promptly. Smart dog!

I really do think this life I have is just wonderful. I am a happy dog. I'm rarely mad or prone to growl. If I growl, you better look at that human and form an impression that he or she is someone to avoid in your life. I have this inner sense about a lot of things and am rarely wrong.
Trust me.

So, this inner sense of mine tells me, without meeting Gypsy, that I think I would enjoy her and we could share stories about our travels. For example, I could tell her of the first day I met Herself when I was a puppy, and on our trip home from Philadelphia, I peed on her lap. :-)

Time for a nap. I'll take it by the door in case a certain Gypsy sashays by.

No comments: