Sunday, September 26, 2010

Share Your Dog With Others


Frieda, my friend and neighbor, who lives down the hall from me and Herself, put this NewYorker cartoon under our door the other day.

This woman was chastising her cat for being "entirely too friendly with the Hendricksons". The cat was obviously feeling her displeasure.

Frieda wrote under the cartoon, that she was pleased that Herself freely shared me with one and all.

What's with that? Of course, I should be shared with my friends. I love them all. I get a charge being around them. I'm crazy about Herself ... but I like hanging with my friends too. They're all different. They smell different. They sound different. They tickle me differently. All that makes for my very interesting world.

I was thinking the other day that my world is very small. When I watch TV, I can see that there are millions of humans out there ... in the streets, in the ballpark, even in the White House shouting questions at the Prez ... by the way ... why does his head go back and forth like that??? ... I get a crick in my neck following him.

Anyway ... I want to meet as many humans as I can and then come back home and think about them.

So, I thank Frieda, my dear friend. Thank you for thinking of me and knowing that I love meeting you in our hallway and playing with you. It makes my day.

Nap time. All this dictating is tiring.

No comments: