Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Dogs should be trained to have manners.

Hey fellow Dog New Yorkers, where are your manners???? Maybe I need to write The Mystical of Avalon Book of Manners for Dogs. Oh yes, many dogs are trained and have good manners, but there are slew of Dog New Yorkers who are really terrible. They're fresh, a bit crude and down right boorish some of them. Some of them don't even know the basics, like sit,stay,down for even, fetch. I mean not to run after a ball or your favorite toy and bring it back so you can run after it again ... Duh!!! How dense can a dog be. Get with the program. Shape up!

I seem to be very well-bred. Oh that's not to say that I didn't do things that I would be embarrassed to talk about in mixed company ... I don't think I have to spell it out to you, do I?? But Herself very gently with firmness "talked" me out of my childish ways. I learned to be paper trained, for example in record time. Now I will hold it in for hours till I get back home to my own bathroom and then 'look out' here it comes. I did make a few mis-placements when I was younger, but now, I'm just about perfect.

If you need immediate help, Daniel Stevens has written a terrific book to take your rough ways and make them smoooooth and downright charming. Any objection to being handsome or beautiful WITH manners? Check out Daniel's book and see if it fits beside your favorite bed near the fireplace. One of the best parts is about Dog Whispering. Sometimes, Herself just thinks my name, and I turn around to see what she wants. That's Dog Whispering ... it's an intuitive-thing between you and your human. You know, we are coming up to the New Year 2007 and it's time to learn to be well-trained and mannerly. Learn to sit and stay and fetch, and becoming fetching in the process. Check it out!

Tell you what! Maybe when we meet in Central Park on the hill one day, I'll be so impressed with how well you've shaped up after your training, that I'll be willing to share some of my other secrets with you. You know the saying, dogs of a feather flock together. Hummm. Somethings wrong with that saying. I don't have feathers, I don't even have fur,I have hair, long silky white hair. Well, I'll ask Herself and see what she says about dogs and feathers.

~I'll be waiting by the door for you~

No comments: